Resources for Buying and Selling on eBay
By Aron Hsiao, About.com Guide
Techniques for Buying
Buying is the first thing most eBay users learn to do. After all, eBay is a great place to get great deals on great items, including items that are rare, exotic, antique, collectible, or hard-to-find. If you're a beginning buyer that would like to become an expert buyer, these resources may help you to develop your eBay buying skils.
- Advanced Searching for Better Results
- Using Custom Options to Narrow Searches
- Finding Hidden eBay Deals
- Silently Monitoring Auctions That Interest You
- Using the Bidding Assistant to Get Your Price
- Shopping Smartly with Reviews and Guides
Techniques for Selling
After buying a few items on eBay, most eBay members soon find themselves interested in selling—an interest that can quickly evolve into a small business. eBay makes selling easy, and guarantees you the ability to reach a worldwide customer base. If you really want to excel at eBay selling, however, you'll need to think like a pro. These resources can help.
- Understand the Dizzying Array of Seller Features
- Understand Supply and Demand
- Remember that Timing is Everying
- Maximize Your Visibility
- Keep a Few Selling Basics in Mind
- Enjoy Yourself and Use Fun Marketing Techniques
- Think About Opening an eBay Store
Take Advantage of eBay's Community
Though you it's possible to be successful as a completely independent eBay member, using eBay for buying or for selling can be vastly easier as an active member of the eBay community, where you'll find tips and hints on what works and what doesn't, as well as news on what's hot and what's not.