In an average week I receive an assortment of such questions, often from eBay users who have a clearly urgent need for answers. I can and do try to answer each question that comes my way, but eBay also provides a great resource for question askingï¿½the eBay Answer Center.
What is the Answer Center?The eBay answer center is a specialized set of forums dedicated to question-and-answer style discussions amongst eBay users.
- Any registered eBay user can use the answer center.
- Users with questions can post them, and other experienced eBay reply with answers.
- Each question can be answered multiple times by multiple users.
- eBay staff may also answer questions (their answers are clearly marked as answers from eBay staff).
- While using the answer center, you can add questions to a "watch" list so that you can see answers to all of the questions that you have on an ongoing basis.
- Answer Center areas exist for a wide variety of eBay topic areas and question types.
Why use the Answer Center?There are several great reasons to prefer using the answer center whenever possible, rather than contacting eBay or a secondary source for answers.
- Fast answers. Because the Answer Center works in "real time," as soon as your question is posted other eBay users that see it can begin immediately to post answers. This often leads to quicker responses than you can get from either eBay or from other sources.
- Multiple answers. For each question you post, you will likely receive multiple answers that approach your question in various ways. This can make it much easier to understand a complex topic, though you must also be careful to ignore bad adviceï¿½for example, when one answer clearly disagrees with all of the others posted, you can assume that it is likely incorrect or at least incomplete.
- Searchable answers. Thanks to the Answer Center, you may not even need to ask your question and wait for responses. Before posting to the Answer Center or emailing eBay or someone else, type your question topic into the search box on the Answer Center home page. Someone else may have already asked the same question you've got, and may have already received multiple very helpful replies.
- Community expertise. Especially with questions related to buying or selling strategies, techniques, or best practices, the answers that you'll get on the eBay Answer Center reflect the wisdom of a broad community of active buyers and sellers, and will often include tips and tricks that you won't find on eBay's help section or by contacting eBay directly and/or consulting another source like a book.