There are a number of good reasons why you might want to make and keep notes about items that you're currently buying or selling, or about saved favorites like favorite sellers:
- Transaction notes. For example, you can add a note for each item that you've recently sold listing the shipping method and tracking number, so that you can easily access it as needed. Of course you can do the same thing for items you've recently bought for which sellers have supplied such numbers to you.
- Shopping aides. If you shop often or in large quantities on eBay, this can be a great place to keep notes about your buys. "Bought for Jacob!" or "Remember to buy the matching earrings after work!" or "Need to send a check ASAP to..." or "This seller is great for Volvo parts!" are examples of these types of notes.
- General record-keeping. Sometimes it can simply be helpful to remember how a transaction went, especially if things have gone wrong, if disputes are involved, or if there has been some back-and-forth communication with your trading partner or discussion of returns. In such a case, you might find yourself adding notes like "Item arrived damaged; contact seller on July 24th; received response on July 25th with RMA #1234567; return to this address..."
Any such notes that you add to the lists of items on your My eBay page will automatically be displayed below the item in question every time you visit My eBay, making My eBay notes an incredibly convenient way to track basic information of any kind that you'll want to refer to quickly later on.
Adding Notes to your My eBay Items
In fact, adding these or any other types of notes to the lists on your My eBay page is easy to do. Follow these steps to add a note:
- Select the item to which you'd like to add a note. This is done by checking the little box to the left of any item, listing, or saved favorites item on your My eBay page.
- Click on the "Add Note" button at the bottom of the list. Near the bottom of the list to which the item in question belongs, click on the button labeled "Add Note" to load a new page on which you can enter a note about the item.
- Enter your note. Type whatever information you'd like to add into the text box on the form that eBay offers after you click the "Add Note" button.
- Click on the "Save" button to save your note. Once you've entered your note (you'll have up to 250 characters to do so), click on the "Save" button to save your note and return to your My eBay page.
That's all there is to it! Note that if you'd like to add notes to multiple items, you can do so simply by selecting multiple items on your My eBay page; when you then click the "Add Note" button, the note entry form will show one entry box for each item you selected. Note also that you can edit any note you've added, either by selecting it once again and clicking the "Add Note" button, or by clicking on the "Edit" link at the far right of any note you've added.