The summary view, which is shown to you if you simply click on “My eBay” at the top of any eBay website page, can be particularly useful, since it shows you details about and links to virtually every aspect of your eBay life—at least, that's what it's meant to do. It can do this much more efficiently, however, if you take a moment to customize it to your own eBay use habits!
How To Customize Your My eBay Summary
- Visit your My eBay summary page. To begin the customization process for you My eBay summary page, simply click on “My eBay” at the top of any eBay website page just as you normally would to view your summary.
- Click “Customize Summary” at the upper-right of the page. At the upper-right of your My eBay Summary page, you'll see a link labeled Customize Summary. Click this link to open up the customization tool for your My eBay summary page.
- Add features you want, remove features you don't. On the “Customize My Summary” page that follows, you'll see boxes labeled “Available Views” and “Views To Display.” Each item in either list represents one kind of information that can be shown to you every time you visit your My eBay summary page. Your task is to decide which of these types of information you want to see each time you visit My eBay and which of these types of information you don't need to see on your My eBay summary page. Any type of information listed in the Views To Display list will be shown to you each time you visit My eBay.
To change these lists to suit your tastes requires a little work on your part. Between the two boxes you'll see small round buttons labeled with left and right arrows. To add an item to the Views To Display list, click on the item in question in Available Views to select it and then click on the arrow pointing to the right. To remove an item from the Views To Display list and return it to Available Views, click on it to select it and then click on the arrow pointing to the left.
Remember that once you save the changes you make on this page, only the items listed in “Views To Display” will be shown to you when you visit your My eBay summary page.
- Rearrange the display order to suit your tastes. Now that you've made sure that the Views To Display list names all the kinds of information you'd like to see every time you visit your My eBay summary page, it's time to tell eBay the order in which you'd like such information to appear on the page. The order of the items in Views To Display is also the order in which they'll be shown to you on your My eBay summary page—so the task at hand is to rearrange the order of the items in Views To Display to suit your own tastes and preferences.
To the right of the Views To Display list you'll see two round buttons, one labeled with an up arrow and the other labeled with a down arrow. To move an item up in the Views To Display list, click on it to select it and then click the up arrow button. To move an item down, click on it to select it and then click the down arrow button.
- Decide how many of each type of information item you'd like to see. Below the Available Views and Views To Display lists you'll find a small drop-down list labeled “Number of items to display in each view.” The number you select from this list will tell eBay how many of each type of item on the Views To Display list you'd like to see on your My eBay summary page. For example, if you select the number “5” from this drop-down list, you'll see your five most recent won auctions, your five most recent sold items, your five favorite sellers, and so on for each type of information you've included in the Views To Display list.
- Save your changes. Once you have decided on what items to include in Views To Display, changed the order of these items to suit your tastes, and selected how many of each type of item you'd like to see, click on the “Save” button below the form to save your changes. The next time you visit your My eBay summary page, you'll see information about your eBay life in the format and quantity you've chosen!
If for any reason as you carry out these steps you get lost or want to stop the process without making any changes at all, simply click on the word “Cancel” at the bottom of the Customize My Summary page.
Similarly, if you've made changes already but have decided you don't like them and would like to start over, click “Restore Defaults” to have eBay reset your My eBay summary to it's factory-fresh (so to speak) state.