It’s not difficult, and it’s free. Here are some reasons you may want to consider doing it:
- Video cameras are common these days, often built into phones.
- You can show off and explain many items more clearly in video.
- Your voice in the video gives your listings a personal touch.
- Video makes your listing and you as a seller stand out.
Embedding a Video in an eBay ListingTo embed a video in your eBay listing(s), simply follow these steps:
- Record a video of your item. Record your video in a clean, well-lit area where your device looks its best and where you can represent yourself as a professional. Describe the item as you show it to the camera, give multiple views and show it in operation if possible, and be sure to speak calmly and clearly.
- Post your video to a video sharing site. YouTube is the obvious suspect since it’s free, eBay supports it, and so many use it, but any of the video sites listed on the page linked above is fine.
- Copy the embed code for your video. On YouTube, this is done by clicking the "Embed" button on the page for your video, clicking your mouse in the box that appears, and then typing CTRL-A followed by CTRL-C.
- Post an eBay listing. Use the item listing form to begin your eBay listing and fill it out as you normally would, until you reach the item description area.
- Paste the embed code into your item description using HTML. Enter your item description as you normally would, but before moving on, click the "HTML" tab over the description editor to switch to the HTML view. Move your mouse cursor to the very end of the code already there and hit CTRL-V the embed code for your video.
- Finish your item listing and post it. When your listing is complete, you’ll find that the video you recorded is embedded in your item description, so that bidders and buyers can easily click and play.