A "Top-rated Seller" on eBay is a Power Seller that has maintained high performance and customer service standards and is thus afforded privileged placement in eBay's Best Match search results, amongst other benefits.
In order to become a Top-rated Seller, an eBay Power Seller seller must:
- Have engaged in at least 100 transactions and a
of $3,000 or more during the previous 12 months
- Have fewer than 0.5 percent of each
rating scores at two or below, with a maximum of two (2) ratings per
category at two or below in the previous 12 months
- Meet the same numbers for the number of disputes opened on eBay or PayPal against your auctions by buyers
For high-volume sellers (those with 400 or more transactions over the past three months), numbers from the last three months, rather than the last 12 months, are used instead.
Top-Rated Sellers enjoy a number of benefits, including:
- Increased ability to
contact eBay customer support
- A 20 percent final value fee discount
- Expanded seller protections for unpaid items and other issues
- Improved Best Match search standing and prominent Top-rated Seller
markings on listings
- Shipping discounts
Top-rated Seller status is shown, along with many of the relevant metrics for achieving it, on an eBay member's Seller Dashboard.