A completed listing is a listing that has already resulted in a sale or that has expired with out a sale. In other words, it is no longer an item that can be bought, but the listing remains on eBay showing the final purchase price and winning bidder (if applicable) for 15 days.
Completed listings don't appear in normal search results for shoppers, since mixing available and already-sold items together would be incredibly confusing for shoppers. Instead, to search through completed listings by keyword follow these steps:
- On the eBay home page, click the word "Advanced" just to the right of
the large "Search" button near the top of the page to visit the advanced
- On the Advanced search page, enter the keyword you'd like to search for
and any words you'd like to exclude from your search into the relevant
- Check the "Completed listings" item under the bold gray "Search
including" heading. This instructs the search tool to search completed
listings using the keyword(s) you've supplied.
- Check any other options that are relevant to your search in the advanced
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the "Search" button.
The list of results that you'll see includes a mix of items that sold, the price at which they sold, and the buyer that won them and the assortment of items from the last 15 days matching your criteria that didn't sell.