Because eBay is such a large, sprawling website with features for buyers and sellers, individuals and businesses, it can sometimes be difficult to know where to begin.
If all you want to do is make a sale on eBay to earn some extra cash, follow these steps to make it happen.
- If you haven't already, join eBay now, since you have to be a member in order to sell.
- Next, find or decide on something to sell in your auction listing.
- Visit the eBay front page and click "Sell" near the top of the page to create an auction listing for your item.
- Watch your auction listing in my eBay until the listing closes or a sale is made.
- If you don't immediately receive PayPal payment, use my eBay to send the buyer of your item an invoice. On the invoice form, be sure to send payment instructions to the bidder if necessary.
- Wait for payment to arrive, either via PayPal or via whatever other method you have specified.
- After payment arrives, ship your item to the buyer or winning bidder. Be sure to contact the member and notify them that their item has been shipped.
- Leave feedback giving your opinion of the transaction.
- Resolve any disputes that arose during the transaction.
What You Need
- An eBay account
- An item you'd like to sell