Because eBay is such a large, sprawling website with features for buyers and sellers, individuals and businesses, it can sometimes be difficult to know where to begin.
If all you want to do is buy something great you've seen on eBay, follow these steps to make it happen.
Time Required: Time requirements vary
- If you haven't already, join eBay now, since you have to be a member in order to buy.
- Once you've joined and have a specific type of purchase in mind, either visit eBay's front page and type a few related keywords into the search box or browse through the listings by category to shop for the item you have in mind.
- Once you've found a few of these items in your search or browse results, click on the ones you're interested in and evaluate the data in the listings.
- Once you've found a likely candidate, double check the price, seller quality, shipping information, terms, and most importantly, description to make sure that the item is the one you want.
- When you're ready to bid or buy, either place your bid or Buy it Now.
- If you bid on an auction rather than purcahsing with Buy it Now, watch your bid in My eBay to ensure that you win.
- After you've won, close the deal by making your payment via PayPal or whatever other means you've agreed to by bidding on the item.
- Once you've received your item and are satisfied with it, leave feedback giving your opinion of the transaction.
- If necessary, resolve any disputes that you have with the seller. Hopefully, of course, this last step is never needed!
What You Need
- An eBay account
- An item you'd like to buy