If all you want to do is buy something great you've seen on eBay, follow these steps to make it happen.
- If you haven't already, join eBay now, since you have to be a member in order to buy.
- Once you've joined and have a specific type of purchase in mind, either visit eBay's front page and type a few related keywords into the search box or browse through the listings by category to shop for the item you have in mind.
- Once you've found a few of these items in your search or browse results, click on the ones you're interested in and evaluate the data in the listings.
- Once you've found a likely candidate, double check the price, seller quality, shipping information, terms, and most importantly, description to make sure that the item is the one you want.
- When you're ready to bid or buy, either place your bid or Buy it Now.
- If you bid on an auction rather than purcahsing with Buy it Now, watch your bid in My eBay to ensure that you win.
- After you've won, close the deal by making your payment via PayPal or whatever other means you've agreed to by bidding on the item.
- Once you've received your item and are satisfied with it, leave feedback giving your opinion of the transaction.
- If necessary, resolve any disputes that you have with the seller. Hopefully, of course, this last step is never needed!
What You Need
- An eBay account
- An item you'd like to buy