Anything that is dangerous, could be considered unethical or illegal, or that is in exceedingly bad historical taste cannot be sold on eBay. While this may seem to be a broad set of generalizations, a list of the types of items in question might help you to better understand the banned items policy. Under it, the following are either not allowed or likely to be pulled before their conclusion:
- Human body parts.
- Human beings.
- Bodily fluids or excrement or anything that might be soiled with such things.
- Controlled substances.
- Items that are illegal to possess in the United States.
- Items that are illegal to transport in the United States.
- Counterfeit versions of copyrighted goods.
- On a largely discretionary basis, some types of memorabilia related to Nazism, slavery, and other types of mass death or murder.
For specific details about the types of items that can't be sold on eBay or that can only be sold if certain conditions are met, refer to eBay's Prohibited and Restricted Items policy.