So it's a common question—does eBay archive listings?
Yes. However, only auction listings ended within the last 90 days are available to members through the eBay website. After 90 days, auction listings are removed from availability and can only subsequently be accessed through official eBay channels, usually only when needed as evidence in legal matters, though from time to time customer service may be willing to provide information or copies from such listings.
To access archived listings, you can use either the My eBay system (where you can see auctions only from the last 60 days) or search by item number if you know the number of the listing that you want to see.
Accessing Archives Using My eBayTo access archived auctions that you have been involved in as a buyer or seller using the My eBay system, follow these steps:
- Click on the words "My eBay" at the top of any eBay website page.
- On the sidebar at the left side of the page, click on the link that describes your relationship to the auction listing in question:
- Click "Won" if the listing is for an item that you won.
- Click "Didn't Win" if the listing is for an item that you didn't win.
- Click "Sold" if the listing is for an item that you sold.
- Click "Unsold" if the listing is for an item that you listed but that did not sell.
- In the "Won," "Didn't Win," "Sold," or "Unsold" section of the next page, select the "Last 60 days" option from the "Period" drop-down list at the right side of the display.
Accessing Archives By Item NumberAccessing archived items by item number is relatively simple, provided you know the number of the item that you want to locate. Simply enter the item number into the search box at the upper-right of any eBay website display and click "Search."
If you do not know the item's number, then you can locate the item number if and only if either the buyer or the seller left feedback in the transaction. Simply visit your own feedback profile or the feedback profile of your trading partner in the auction and locate the item in the list. The item number for each auction in the feedback list is shown in the far-right column and can be entered into the search box at the upper-right of any page.