Though eBay is a source of great deals and extra cash for millions of people, trading can sometimes seem a bit lonely while sitting at a computer desk trolling through auction listings. Community services like eBay Blogs and eBay Radio help, but if you're really looking for an ongoing network of support and contatcs in the eBay world, you're looking for eBay Groups.
eBay Groups are community forums that eBay members with similar interests can use to network with one another and to communicate about buying and selling on eBay as well as some things that aren't entirely eBay-centric. Membership can be either public (open to anyone) or private (members accepted by request only), though most groups are public. The list of eBay groups comprises a wide variety of topics and interests—just look at the examples below:
- Earth friendly products—"Let's chat about wood making, alternative energysource products, herbs gardening and everythinghealthy for the environment."
- Basketball Card Sellers & Collectors—"Check out everyones auctions for great Basketball Cards and share your view on what makes this hobby great! Get to know a few more dealers hopefully and meet new friends to share your pulls with! Hope everyone enjoys this group. Act responsibly! Enjoy!"
- American Civil War Books—"The American Civil War Books Group is for anyone interested in discussing both the good and the bad Civil War books, authors, wargames, etc. we have had the pleasure of owning."
- Mommyland—"A group of Mom's[sic] who love eBay, love chatting, and love their children. Join Us! We talk about business, husbands, shopping, weight loss, and more."
- New & Experienced Part Time eBay Sellers—"The goal of this group is to ask questions, give ideas, and find any help needed whether you are a new or experienced eBay Seller."
- Auto Dismantlers—"This group is to help those of us who dismantle vehicles and/or sell parts here on eBay. Selling Tips, Shipping Ideas and tips on what and where to buy."
There are thousands of groups to choose from—certainly enough to keep a chatty eBayer busy for many hours per day. While there's a lot of the expected buying and selling advice, eBay groups also offers a great deal of personal support and friendship making to its users.
Regional GroupsIf you're interested in chatting with other eBay members but would prefer to keep your circles of acquaintance local rather than global, consider joining one of the many regional eBay groups. Regional groups are tied to a specific state, province, or city, and ofter eBay members the opportunity to network with other eBay members in their area, often offline in group meetings, in addition to online using the eBay website. Regional group hubs list groups for the United States, Canada, and internationally.
Ready to join an eBay group and begin making friends and contacts? Read on to walk through the process.